- Manuscripts must be trapping related or of interest to trappers.
- Feature length and short stories will be considered.
- Feature length articles must be at least 1500 words up to 5000 words. Please include clear color pictures with a resolution of 300 dpi.
- Instructional (how-to) articles and trapline story type articles are accepted.
- It is best to email articles and pictures to the editor. This will allow you to get the most money for your article.
- The editorial schedule is tight and it could be 6-8 months before your article is printed. Trapper’s World pays at the time of printing.
- Trapper’s World will pay up to $100 for feature length articles.
A few tips:
- Check spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Avoid run on sentences.
- Pictures often speak 1,000 words. Trappers like to see pictures and a good photograph will increase the interest and value of your article.
- Avoid bragging or being abrasive.
- Take clear trapline photographs with a good camera. Not all cell phones take high quality pictures that are good enough for printing. Good printing quality and online viewing quality is not the same.
*** If you have submitted your article or your article has been printed in another publication it is MANDATORY that you let the editor know upon submission. Trapper’s World is a unique magazine, “For Trappers By Trappers”. We look forward to reading what you have to write. Take the time to share your experience and knowledge by writing.
Article submissions can be sent directly to the Editor, Tera Roach: